Simple Homemade Bread

Homemade bread

Last week I wanted to have tuna sandwich for breakfast but unfortunately I was running out of bread so I thought that I'd ask my husband to go and buy it. But then, on second thought..why do I have to trouble myself (my hubby actually) of going out only to buy a loaf of bread when I can bake my own bread ? After all, I've always loved playing with flour, kneading the dough right? So I had decided to bake my own bread. The outcome? I couldn't believe that I actually baked the bread. Really! I use the basic recipe of making a homemade bread. Waaa....next time tak payahla beli roti kat kedai.....hihihi...roti wat sendiri pon sedap dan setanding roti berjenama...apa lagi..insyaAllah di tanggung Halal plak tu.......selamat mencuba!



Simple Bread

Ingredients:

450g of all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of instant dry yeast
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of fresh milk
an egg
1 table spoon of shortening/butter


Method :

- in a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, salt,yeast) and mix everything together
- make a well in the middle, and crack the egg and add in the milk. mix well.
- add in the shortening/butter and keep kneading until it forms a non-sticky and elastic dough.
- let the dough to rest and rise in the bowl , covered with a damp cloth approximately 30minutes- 1 hour.
- when the dough has risen double of its original size, punch it to let the air out and knead.

(Kalau tak larat nak uli, boleh je tarik2 adunan tu jadik panjang pastu bantai la kat atas permukaan yg keras mcm on a big,heavy cutting board. Pastu lipat2 adunan dan tarik panjang2 lagi dan bantai lagik...mcm orang2 dulu2 tibai kain kat batu bila basuh baju tu ......ulang2 la teknik tu berkali2 sampai dpt rasa mcm dough tu dah lembut)

- in a greased baking tin , preferably a rectangle, put it in the dough and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
- pre-heat the oven at 180'c
- and bake the bread for about 30-40 minutes.
-the bread is ready when you tap the top or bottom of the loaf and it sounds hollow (kosong or gelonggong oghe klate kato...hehehe)
- let the bread to cool itself on a wire rack.



tuna sandwich


Comments

Popular Posts