Actually I have posted a buttercream recipes in my previous post but may be some of you didn't manage to find it....but it's ok....especially for Kadie....this is a buttercream recipe that I like the most ! It's a perfect combination with Steamed Chocolate Cake. You can try this recipe to top your cakes and cupcakes.....
1 cup shortening
1 cup krimwell
2 - 2 1/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
1 tspn vanilla essence
- In a bowl , beat together shortening and krimwell with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- add in the vanilla essence and a few table spoon of sugar,beat again.
- while the mixer is still running, keep adding the sugar bit by bit until you get a stiff consistency (sampai nampak kental)
- if you want a stiffer texture just simply add more sugar.
- once the cream is ready just add with any food coloring as you wish.
-besides for topping,this buttercream is also suitable for writing word on cakes and making lines for piping jelly.
shortening = lemak sayuran
krimwell = tak pasti aper namanyer, but kalau pegi kedai jual bahan2 kek, just tanya orang kedai tu yer.
*If you are not able to find krimwell, you can substitute with butter. Cuma butter akan memberi rasa yang lebih lemak dan mungkin membuatkan kita mudah meras muak bila memakannya.