Soft Bun




I have tried making my own bread a several times but it never turned out to be a soft as I wanted until I found this recipe - Soft Buns, and I've tried it today! The outcome? Well, I was sooooo happy that the buns were so soft and fluffy and I couldn't believe myself that I made the buns! That is why I want to share the recipe with you. I gurrantee you that you also can make your own soft and fluffy buns......if you follow ALL the directions carefully. Here you are......




Soft Butter Buns

250g high protein / bread flour (or Pau flour)

50g superfine flour

50g castor sugar

1 tsp salt

2-1/2 tbsp milk powder

1-1/2 tsp instant yeast

1 small egg

30g butter,room temperature (or you can also use shortening)

140ml water



Glazing:

1 egg, lightly beaten

Melted butter,for brushing





METHOD:

-Combine all ingredients except butter and knead till a dough is formed. Add butter and continue kneading till a smooth,soft and elastic dough is formed. If you see that the dough is sticking to your hands DO NOT add any flour, just keep kneading until it doesn't stick anymore. The dough won't stick. Remember that.

-Prove the dough for abt 2 hour.

-After first proving, knead the dough lightly and divide the dough into small even sizes.
Rest for 10 minutes.(at this stage you can add filling of your choice..)

-Place buns in a greased and floured square tin and prove until double in size.

-Preheat oven at 200 degC.

-Brush buns with egg wash and bake for about 15 minutes or until brown.

-Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Cool buns in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

Comments

Len said…
Sorry, but this recipe got lost between kneading and second rise.
cutiepie said…
cant we just used bread flour, i tried this before but it is still hard. any cups measurements?
Sumitha said…
Thanks soo much for this recipe! Works wonderfully! Ive tried it with different fillings and it works everytime! Also works with only bread flour! Thanks again!

Popular Posts