Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Home Made Fish Balls
I've found a recipe on how to make fish balls at home by yourself. I never tried it since it's much easier to buy them at the market . But sometimes, I think homemade fishballs taste better because we can use the best and the freshest fish we can get. So it's worth trying....A simple meal like a vegetable soup for instance, tastes much much better if you add some fish balls as part of the ingredients. You can smell the difference before you could ever taste it. Don't hesitate to try even if you're not a fish person because fish balls don't have that strong fishy flavour .
HOMEMADE FISH BALL
300 g fish flesh/fillet (preferably white flesh fish)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp tapioca starch
50 ml cold water
- in a food processor, blend together the fish flesh,white pepper and salt.
- followed by the corn flour, tapioca starch and cold water.
- when everything is well mixed, knead the mixture into small balls, about a half size of a golf ball. You can do this by using a spoon but I'd rather use my hands because it's more convenient and faster, but make sure you wet your hands before you start to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Meanwhile, boil some water in pot to cook all the raw fish balls. The fish ball is thoroughly cooked when it floats on the water surface.
- drained, and you can use the fish balls in your cooking straight away or you can keep in a container and put it in the refrigerator and use it anytime you wish. But remember to use it within a week.