Friday, January 11, 2008
My family always enjoy pizza. We used to go out and ordered our pizza at the pizza outlets, but now not anymore because we can have it fresh and hot at home. I baked my own pizza ....and we can eat it as much as we can with our favourite toppings and lots of cheese.......mmm ...yummy! That's the best part. Since I like my pizza crust to be soft and spongy I add an egg and some milk powder . For the sauce...I use canned spaghetti sauce ...hehehe, well, I admit I cheat.....but it's much easier and quicker !
for the dough :
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tbs milk powder
1 tsp instant dried yeast
a pinch of salt
200ml luke warm water (a cup)
2 tbs shortening/butter/vegetable oil/olive oil ( I usually use shortening)
-in a bowl, add in all the dry ingredients (flour,milk powder,salt and yeast) and mix well.
- make a well (lubang) in the middle and crack the egg, and pour in the water,mix everything together. The dough will turn out a little bit sticky . But don't worry. Just keep kneading.
- add in the shortening and keep on kneading, if you find your dough is still sticky just dust your hand with some flour (atau celupkan tgn dalam tepung jer) and knead again until the dough doesn't stick to your hands anymore.
- cover the dough with a damp cloth (atau tutup jer ngan aper2) and let the dough rest for half an hour or until the dough rises double the original size.
- when it has risen,punch the dough to let the air out and divide it into two balls. with a rolling pin roll the dough flat forming a pizza base. Put it in a grease pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
The pizza base is ready for your favourite toppings.
My choice of toppings would be :
a can of Prego Spaghetti Sauce (I like mushroom flavour)
beef pepperoni (sliced)
grated mozzarella (as much as you like!)
How to prepare your pizza :
-preheat the oven at 180'C for 5 minutes.
-scoop in the sauce onto the pizza base, covering the surface.
- sprinkle some of the parmesan and mozarella cheese.
- followed by onions, sausages and pepperoni
- and finished with lots lots of mozarella on top.
-bake in the oven approximately 25 minutes or until your cheese turns golden.
- once it is cooked, let the pizza to rest for about 5 minutes before you can enjoy it !