Donut



Do you like donuts? I do. I think most people eat donuts even if they don't really fancy them but they do enjoy having them either for tea or breakfast. I sometimes make my own donuts since I enjoy playing with flour....kneading the dough..I always have the ingredients ready in the cupboard. My recipe for donuts is the same recipe for my pizza dough but of course, instead of rolling the dough flat to form a pizza base, I use a donut cutter to form rings of donuts. Donuts can be served with snow like icing sugar or honey.....but my children love having them with chocolate. Lots of chocolate ! Well, who doesn't ?

DONUTS

Ingredients (for the dough)
- see Pizza Dough
- enough cooking oil for frying




For the chocolate topping :
- 200g cooking chocolate, melted (double boiler technique - boil water in a pot and on top of the pot put a heat proof container with the chopped chocolate inside. Let the chocolate melt, see picture)





How to make rings of donuts :
- roll the dough flat approximately 1 and 1/2 inch thick and then by using a donut cutter cut (see the picture)the dough forming a donut ring.
- repeat the same action until all the dough is finished.
-let the donut rings to rest for a few minutes before frying it.


Frying the donuts :
- heat the oil in a frying pan or a wok on medium heat.
- when the oil is hot fry the donuts until golden
- dry the excessive oil with a kitchen towel and let the donuts to cool .
- Later, pour the melted chocolate on top of the donuts. Ready to serve.




Tips :
-pizza,bread, donuts or any dough that contains yeast can be proofed in the refrigerator. If it happens that you have leftover donuts or pizza dough, you can put it in a plastic bag, and keep it in the fridge. When you want to use it the next day, just take it out and it's ready to use.

Comments

Popular Posts