I have found this recipe a couple of months ago and I found it very intersting but I never put a lot of effort to try it until last Monday. Since I have all the ingredients so Idecided to give it a go...at last! And as delicious the photo looks so does the taste.....yummy! I really recommend you to try this bun recipe......all you need is a strong hands to knead the dough but if you have a mixer or a bread maker..it's much much easier.....I'm sure you're gonna love it...because so do my kids and my husband.
CHEESY MEAT BUN (original recipe of Noor Masri, Cari Forum)
200g strong white bread flour
3.5 g instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
125ml lukewarm water
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt, chilli powder, dry oregano in a mixing bowl.
2. Make a hole in the middle and pour in oil and water. Knead.
3. If the dough is still dry, add a bit more water. Knead for about 10 minutes, till a soft, smooth and eastic dough is formed.
4. Make into a big ball and place in a big bowl greased with a bit of oil. Cover with a clean plastic bag and leave to prove for 1 1/2 to 2 hours till dough doubles it's size.
5. Roll about 1.5 cm thick.
6. Spread the filling on top and sprinkle some mozarella cheese. Roll like making a swiss roll. Cut into 6
equal pieces and arrange in a round baking tray. Leave space for proving.
7. Cover the tray with a plastic bag and let it prove for about 1 hour.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 30 - 40 minutes till golden brown.
250g minced meat
1/2 onion ~ diced finely
1/2 tablespoon kurma powder
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
130g mozarella cheese
1. Heat oil in a wok and put in onion and saute till transparent.
2. Add in kurma powder and stir well.
3. Add in minced meat. Break any lumps, keep it on heat until all the liquid evaporates.
4. Turn off the stove.
5. Let it cool. Ready to use.