Pasta. My children just enjoy it very much. Any kind of pasta...whether is macaroni..shells, penne or spaghetti.....even lasagna ! Lately I have been watching this program "Fixing Dinner" and I find it very interesting . It teaches us on how to plan our meal and also features delicious and easy recipe. I got an idea of trying my own Baked Penne after watching one of it episodes. It's just like making a lasagna but instead of using lasagna sheets I use penne (or you can use other kinds of pasta like shells or even spaghetti !) . So here is a recipe that I'd like to share with you.
A jar of Prego Spaghetti Sauce (any flavour but I prefer Mushroom )
A can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup
a cup of parmesan cheese
a cup of mozarella cheese
350g of Penne
- preheat the oven at 180'c for 5 minutes
- boil enough water in a pot and put in the pasta. The pasta usually takes only a few minutes to cook. Once it is cooked, drain and set aside.
- in the same pot that you boil the pasta , cook the spaghetti sauce by following all the directions from the jar. You may add some minced meat or sausages into the sauce for richer flavour.
- repeat the same method for mushroom soup (Follow all the directions written on the can) .
- grease a casserole with some butter.
- cover the bottom of the casserole with the spaghetti sauce followed by a layer of the pasta covering the sauce.
- spread a layer of mushroom soup over the pasta, followed by the mozarella and the parmesan cheese.
- repeat the same method (starting with the spaghetti sauce ) again until all the pasta and the sauces are finished.
- Finished the top with mozarella and parmesan cheese...lots of it!
- bake the pasta in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden.
- When the pasta is cooked ,take it out from the oven and leave it for about 5 minutes before you can serve it. YummmY!