Saturday, October 6, 2007
This recipe is specially for my sis, Amie. Last year I had this cookies for hari raya but of course I bought it...and I fell in love with it. It really melts in your mouth. So this year I'm hoping that I could have it again but unfortunately it's not on sale. But since I love it so much I searched the internet for the recipe and I found it ! (Thank god we have the internet!) I gave it a try and it was a success ! The girls just love it! So Amie....here's the recipe...it's simple and easy to make. Good luck!
Biskut Suji (Ghee Cookies)
200g ghee (minyak sapi laa..)
200g castor sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tspn of soda bicarbonate
- with a wooden spatula, mix together ghee and sugar until creamy, add in the salt and mix again.
- add in the flour bit by bit until you get a soft and not sticking -to your hands consistency (agak leh terap laa...)
- roll the mixture approximately 1cm thick and cut the with a cookies cutter. If you don't have cookies cutter you can just cut the the dough into small even cubes.
- Place the cookies on a greased tin and bake in the oven at 170'C for about 15 minutes.
- once the cookies are cooked, place it on a rack to let it cool before removing it into an air tight container.